Makers Series: On Love•
Posted on February 11 2020
I must admit, I feel so incredibly grateful to say I’ve been happily married for 25 years to my best friend. We’ve been asked numerous times how we keep it fresh and vibrant...so as I sit here sipping wine next to this incredible guy I get to call my husband, we’ve come up with some tips n' tricks that have kept our relationship thriving:
- It’s okay to admit you F’d up and apologize.
- Make time to do things that you both loved doing together while dating... we call it boyfriend/girlfriend time. It keeps that dating life alive!
- Give each other space to grow and show support when the other is in his/her growth spurt.
- Go on frequent getaways just the 2 of you and take turns choosing the adventures!
- If he/she is annoying you, take a deep breath and quietly remember all the things you love about him/her.
- Figure out each other’s love languages (read the book 5 languages of love).
- Figure out your spouses Enneagram or Meyers Brigg personality ...it’s a game changer in truly understanding how he/she ticks & views the world.
- Speak your truth & needs in a compassionate way and listen with your heart *ahem* lose the defensiveness
- Remember... you’re never too old to hold hands!
Makers Series: On Love
I must admit, I feel so incredibly grateful to say I’ve been happily married for 25 years to my best friend. We’ve been asked numerous times how we...Read More
Makers Series: On F...
ON freedom, simplicity and an old VW busRead More
Makers Series: The ...
Call me selfish. Call me creative. Call me a selfish creative alchemist! I’ve always been a maker, especially when it comes to potions and elixir...Read More